* 1 envelope active dry yeast
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/2 cup warm water (105-115 F)
* 1 large egg, well beaten
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup + 1 tsp unsalted butter
* 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
* 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
* 1/2 cup light corn syrup
* 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut in bits
* 3 Tbsp honey
* 3/4 cup chopped pecans
* 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
* 1/4 cup granulated sugar mixed with 2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Dough: In bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tsp honey in the warm water.
Let stand until foamy, 10 minutes. By hand, beat in remaining honey,
the egg, salt, 2 cups flour, 1/4-cup butter, until smooth, 2 minutes.
Stir in remaining flour until soft dough forms. Knead on floured
surface 2 minutes, until smooth. Form ball. Butter bowl with 1 tsp
butter; put dough in bowl; turn to coat. Cover with plastic. Let rise
1 1/2 to 2 hours, until doubled. Brush 13x9x2-in. baking pan with the
2. Topping: In saucepan, heat sugar, syrup, butter, and stirring until
smooth. Remove from heat; add honey, nuts. Pour in prepared pan to
3. Filling: Punch down dough; on floured surface, roll into 20x12-in.
rectangle. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Roll up
from long side. Cut into 20 (1-in.) slices. Arrange slices in pan,
evenly spaced. Cover. Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool in
pan 1 minute. Invert platter over pan; turn out buns onto platter.
When lukewarm, pull apart into individual buns. (Makes 20 buns